The Travel Safe course is a very useful course for the inexperienced traveller. Its all about opening your eyes, making you think safe and to be aware of the different situations that you may face whilst abroad.
We teach young people how to prepare for either a gap year or international travel/backpacking and how to deal with problems they may face. The goal is to help them recognise danger by teaching them to think on their feet and interpret different situations – without terrifying them into never wanting to leave home!
The course is delivered by means of interactive scenarios, role-play, lectures and hands-on learning. Our trainers draw upon many years of experience in world travel and have an excellent understanding of young travellers.
What You’ll Learn
- Researching your destination
- Security advise & terrorism risk
- Health issues & disease prevention
- Culture, religion & laws
- Insurance & money
- How to keep in touch
- Kit, clothes
- Safety gadgets
- First aid kits
- Electrical items e.g. mobiles, cameras
- What to take
- How to pack
- Security of your possessions
- Budgeting, money options and changing money
- Safe food & water
- Dealing with authorities
- Where and how to get help
- Travelling safely on buses, trains, taxis etc.
- Checking out people you meet
- Survival navigation
- Dealing with corrupt officials
- Emergency first aid
- Staying healthy
- Climatic injuries
- Bugs, bites and bowels
- Discussion of common female concerns abroad – sexual harassment, appropriate dress code etc.
- Avoiding dangers, from muggings to kidnapping & surviving extremes: earthquakes, avalanches, fire, rip currents, etc.
- Drug and alcohol awareness