This first aid training course is designed for the participants of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Expedition.
Although the content is the same, it is delivered in more depth and with more knowledge as students progress from bronze through to gold.
What You’ll Learn
• Action in an emergency – resuscitation, airway, breathing and circulation.
• Recognition and treatment of hypothermia and heatstroke.
• The treatment of wounds and bleeding.
• Treatment for shock.
• The treatment of blisters, cuts, abrasions, minor burns and scalds, headaches, insect bites,
• The recognition of more serious conditions such as sprains, strains, dislocations and broken limbs.
• Knowing what to do in the case of an accident or emergency.
• Summoning help – what people need to know, telephoning for help, written message.
• Getting help, self-help and waiting for help to arrive, keeping safe and warm, helping people to find youlist of items